Thursday, September 27, 2012

Nobody's perfect... But some things I just can't let go.

This will be a brief post since I’ve already don’t this once tonight. So, my last post was about how there were so many things wrong with the last piece. Well, since I knew I couldn’t turn it in to my instructor since it didn’t demonstrate proper techniques to be used in drawing, I saw it as an opportunity to play around with what I had.


As many of you may know, I am now pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design and Illustration. It seemed like the safest bet as the graphic design aspect of the education could help me get a more practical job in a field like Advertisement. The Illustration classes are more to nurture my love of telling stories. However, the true, deep down secret about why I’m pursuing this degree is this: My life long dream is to make comic books.

So, I took the liberty of turning my wonky head drawing into a more graphic piece of art like you might see in a comic. Sure, it’s still not perfect, but it was a fun learning experience and helped me get introduced to some unfamiliar pieces of my art supplies. So, without further a due, here it is:


It kind of looks like a poster I’ve seen of Bob Marley, but that is purely coincidental. And, to wrap it up, I would like to say that I am in love with the deep, velvety black created by my Char-Kole sticks… They are too awesome.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment