Saturday, April 21, 2012

Whoa, I didn't think there would be a week two!

Phew, I am drowning in homework. Although, that is to be expected with only three weeks of class left and deadlines for final projects approaching. Such is life, I suppose. Anyway...

I wanted to do a character design for TellCosy for a video game she is working on. However, every time I sat down to attempt a go at it, I realized that I not only lack the knowledge of how to draw a trench coat, but I am also not well practiced in the way of drawing men with 'burly' figures. I blame the years of watching Anime, but regardless, I seem to be proficient in drawing glorified stick figures.

I will return to the task of designing the character, but it will have to be at a time in which I can actually study the male physique more in depth. Plus, I'm pretty sure it will take me more than the two hour limit I have set for the time being on my drawing projects.

Speaking of time limits, this week's piece didn't quite hit the one hour goal. I was only shy by 5 to 10 minutes, but I'm not too upset about that. The goal in and of itself pushed me to actually draw more than the one figure I started with.

And here it is:


Hopefully I'll find some time in the next week to continue with this pace, but I won't be down on myself if my entire schedule in consumed with school work. Besides, I'll have all summer to create crazy awesomeness with my free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment